Musing Mondays (Oct. 7)
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
Fellow blogger, Emily P. Freeman, just released her latest book, “A Million Little Ways“, on October 1st, and I snatched up a copy the day it released! So looking forward to this one!
You were born to make art. You were made to live art. You might not see yourself as an artist, but you are—in so many unexpected ways. In what you create, whether poetry or pie, sculpture or sand castle, calligraphy or conversation. It’s time to uncover the shape of your soul, turn down the voice of the inner critic, and move into the world with the courage to be who you most deeply are.
See the artistic potential in words, gestures, attitudes, and relationships. Discover the art in a quiet word, a hot dinner, a made bed, a grace-filled glance, and a million other ways of experiencing God in the world through the simple human acts of listening, waiting, creating, and showing up.
We arrived here as art and we spend our lives uncovering the beauty we have to offer. As the community of humanity, we will do that in a million different little ways.
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your musing in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!