• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
One of my bookish habits is in regards to the library. I will go there to browse, and end up bringing a whole stack of books home… only to read maybe one of them. And, it doesn’t just have to be books that I found while browsing in the actual building — I do the same thing with their online catalogue. I will put a bunch of books on hold, go pick them up when they come in, skim them, and read only one or two. The rest sit here for a bit and then get taken back to the library.
It’s not because I don’t want to read them. I wouldn’t bring them home if they didn’t look like something I’d be interested in. I just always tend to be more ambitious than I should. I know I’ll never get them all read within the time frame, but I can’t help myself. Of course, I’m not thinking of whether/not I can read them all in a set amount of time when I bring all of these books home. I’m only thinking, “Ooo, that sounds great! I’ve gotta read that!” LOL
And, it’s not like I bring home twenty books. There are usually only five or so. I do know a woman who takes out twenty-ish books at a time, though… and I’m pretty sure she reads them all. She’s a much more avid reader than I am, and she can speed-read, too.
Anyway. This is not a habit that I plan on giving up any time soon. LOL. I love the local library — I love that I have access to so many free books! Awesome, awesome, awesome.🙂
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your answer in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!😀