• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I have never been one to get into book “fads”… people will rave and rave about particular books, and I don’t usually cave and have to read the book out myself. Sometimes I will have already read the book(s) before they were “popular” — like with Dan Brown’s Robert Langdon series (The Da Vinci Code, anyone?), or Stephanie Meyer’s “Twilight” saga. Other times, if the book being raved about sounds appealing, I’ll put it on my to-be-read list. But, I have a huge, long list of these books that I still haven’t gotten around to reading! It’s almost embarrassing how long it is, actually.
I find it funny… I call myself an avid reader, as I read about 80 books per year. But, when asked if I’ve read this or that (popular) book, I’ll say no, and people will be shocked! “But you read 80 books a year! How can you not have read this?!“, will be the query, as if in order to be an ‘avid’ reader I’ve got to read all of the “raved about” and “now” books. What’s up with that? Apparently, my tastes are just different from the mainstream. LOL.
I will eventually get around to some of these. But I will probably never read them all. And I’m okay with that, even if it’s shocking to others. 😉
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your musing in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks! 😀